Monday, February 25, 2008

My 29th birthday is approaching

My birthday is approaching yet again (Feb 27). However, what makes this b-day more important than other b-days as it will be my 29th birthday. Wow, 29 years old! Where does the time go. I think of who I was 10 years ago at the age of 19. A lanky size 29 waist, longer haired, chain smoking Camel cigarettes, and behaving as a young kid does (ah college.. I had way too much fun!).

While I am sad about entering my last year of my twenties, I am also happy! I am in the best of health than I have been in a long time. I made my goal of quitting smoking before 30. I achieved a bachelors and a masters degree in my twenties. My political beliefs changed (demorcrat to republican). I dealt with certain people and put these issues to bed.

In short, I am looking forward to spending my last year as a twenty-something. I wonder though what will my thirties bring me?

Anyways, happy birthday to me..

No comments: